Soft lime greens, bright parrot blues, deep oranges melting into pinks…all sing a chorus of summer colors. Whether your drinks involve alcohol or stay virgin, their rich, festive colors are sure to enchant and transport you away from the everyday. Isn't that what summer has been all about since we were little?
If you dare, it can be real fun to paint a room that offers up an "endless summer." Some people refer to these spaces as Florida Rooms. Try Mermaid's Song, Cantaloupe Smile, Peach Punch, or Lime Mousse to capture the summer party vibe all year long.
Mermaid’s Song 6001-9C Cantaloupe Smile 2007-2A
For a great summer drink, try:
Mango Melon Colada, from Martha Stewart's Living Magazine Issue #11, July/August 1995.
- 1/3 cantaloupe, peeled, seeded, and cut in chunks (about 2 cups)
- 1 mango, peeled, seeded, and cut in chunks (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 3 tablespoons cream of coconut
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons superfine sugar
4 ounces light rum
Process all ingredients and 2 cups crushed ice in a blender until smooth, about 20 seconds. Pour into 2 glasses; serve immediately.